What is it?
The VBOX CAN Gateway is designed to control flow of CAN data between two separate buses. It allows logging of vehicle CAN or CAN FD bus data to a VBOX system while simultaneously allowing secondary CAN modules such as the Mini input module to communicate with the VBOX.
Under normal circumstances, attempting to capture CAN data from a car as well as that from a module would lead to VBOX and VBOX Module data being put into the vehicle CANBus – with unpredictable and almost certainly unwanted results. The CAN Gateway allows for both data streams to be logged by the VBOX without any of the module traffic going back onto the vehicle Bus.
When connected to a PC via the supplied RLCAB117 USB cable, the CAN Interface can be programmed using dedicated setup software to read almost any CAN format message and be configured to then re-transmit them onto the VBOX CAN bus.
Who is it for?
The CAN Gateway can be used by VBOX 3i/3iS owners and non-RACELOGIC customers to do the following:
- Convert up to 32 CAN FD messages to CAN and output these on a different CAN bus
- Isolate 2 CAN busses while allowing all messages to be transferred to a different CAN bus
- Take data from one CAN bus speed and convert it to another speed
- Filter data from one CAN bus and forward the specific data to another CAN bus
- Allows the conversion of CAN FD messages to CAN suitable for use with VBOX products
- Simple configuration software
- 125 Kbit, 250 Kbit, 500 Kbit and 1 Mbit CAN rates and up to 4 MB data rates for CAN FD
- Isolates VBOX data from vehicle CAN bus
- Input up to 32 CAN or CAN FD data channels from vehicle or another CAN bus
- Output 32 CAN data Channels to VBOX