Racelogic's Frequency Input Module (RLVBFIM03) is a 4-channel frequency capture and pulse counter unit. It enables frequency based signals in the range of 1Hz to 20kHz to be recorded or logged by a VBOX.
The input circuit for each channel can accept a wide signal amplitude range from TTL output sensors up to the higher voltages created by inductive sensors.
This means that direct connection to ABS wheel speed sensors, RPM sensors or fuel flow sensors is possible. A dedicated fuel flow mode makes the monitoring of fuel consumption and flow rate very easy to set up and use.
The RLVBFIM03 can be configured through software to process the input frequency or pulse data to provide logged data in real units. By configuration of each channel the incoming frequency or pulse train can be easily configured into any of the following data formats:
Inputs / Outputs
Data output to VBOX
- Frequency Hz
- Wheel speed Km/h or Mph
- Engine / Wheel RPM
- Pulse count
- Fuel Used Lt or Gal
- Fuel Flow rate Lt/Hr or Gal/Hr
- Fuel Consumption Lt/100Km or MPG
- User defined scale and offset for sensor calibration
- Input voltage (max range): -50 volts to +50 volts
- Minimum signal amplitude: Approx. 1v pk-pk
- Input frequency range: 1Hz to 20Khz
- Timer: 24 Bit
- Timer resolution: 67ns
- Max pulse count before reset: 1 000 000
- Signal input connection: 4 x BNC Connector
- VBOX connection: 2 x Lemo socket for connection to VBOX CAN Bus
- Dimensions: 32 (h) x 128 (w) x 120 (l) mm
- Operating voltage: +12v DC