Tyre Temperature Monitoring
The RACELOGIC Tyre Temperature Monitoring System measures, logs and displays the surface temperature of a tyre, providing invaluable information to the test driver whilst on track.
- Up to 16 temperature points per sensor
- Wide temperature range: -20° C to 300° C
- Compatible with VBOX Video HD2 & VBOX Touch
- Live display when used with VBOX Touch
Each of the four 120° FOV sensors can measure up to 16 temperature points on an object with surface temperatures ranging from -20° C to 300° C.
When used with the VBOX Touch, you can see the 64 individual heat maps live on screen, as well as live temperature and maximum temperature values.
Compatible with VBOX Video
The sensors can also be connected to a VBOX Video HD2 and the heat maps overlaid in real-time on the video. This shows you exactly what is happening on the test track and makes it easy to interpret the data.
The RACELOGIC Tyre Temperature Monitoring System (RLVBTTMS) consists of four infrared temperature sensors and a VBOX Touch display for the visual representation of the tyre temperature. The display shows the surface temperature for all four tyres, live temperature, and the maximum temperature values.
The tyre temperature sensors (RLACS272) can also be used without the VBOX Touch. In this case, the data can be recorded using a VBOX Video HD2 and the heat maps overlaid in real-time on the video.
- Temperature Measurement Range: -20 °C to 300 °C
- Accuracy (Central 10 Channels, Nominal):
±1.0 °C for 0 °C < Tp < 50 °C
±2.0 °C for Tp < 0 °C and Tp > 50 °C
- Accuracy (First & Last 3 Channels, Nominal):
±2.0 °C for 0°C < Tp < 50°C
±3.0 °C for Tp < 0°C and Tp > 50°C
- Field of View (FOV): 120° x 15° (ultra-wide) or 60° x 8° (wide)
- Number of Channels: 16
- Thermal Time Constant: 2 ms
- Effective Emissivity: 0.85
- Spectral Range: 8 - 14 μm
- Recommended Supply Voltage: 5 - 12 V
- Supply Current: 30 mA