Allows up to 8 K-type thermocouple channels to be logged by the VBOX with 100 samples per second.
- Direct K-type thermocouple connection
- 100 Hz logging
- Individual channel status LEDs
- Supports standard and extended CAN frames
- Individual Cold Junction Compensation sensor for each channel
- Timer controlled transmission or polled response
How does it work?
The VBOX Thermocouple Interface (TC8-V2) measures 8 thermocouple inputs with 100 samples per second and provides a CAN output as a standalone or RACELOGIC based CAN module.
It is primarily designed to connect to a VBOX GPS data logger and log thermocouple data along with the normal channels of VBOX data. It works from any power supply from 6 V up to 30 V.
The usable measuring range of the Thermocouple Interface is -200 °C to +1300 °C. The unit uses a 24-bit ADC.
The unit can be used in standalone timed mode or in conjunction with other RACELOGIC modules such as the Analogue Input (ADC03) or Vehicle CAN (CAN02) interface.
- Input Range (usable)
- -269°C to 1372°C
(-200°C to +1300°C)
- Sample Rate
- 100 Hz
- 24 bit
- System Accuracy
- -200°C to -100°C: ± 0.8°C
- -100°C to 1000°C: ± 0.5°C
- 1000°C to 1300°C: ± 0.7°C
- CAN Type
- CAN 2.0A or CAN 2.0B compatible
- CAN Baud Rates
- 125 Kbit/s, 250 Kbit/s, 500 Kbit/s, 1M bit/s
Environmental & Physical
- Operating temperature
- -20°C to +70°C
- Power Supply
- 6-30 VDC <2W
- approx. 352 g
- Size (W x L x H)
- 85 x 125 x 32.6 mm