Frequency & Pulse Counter Interface
Record frequency-based signals in the range of 1-20 kHz by a VBOX.
- Pulse counting mode
- Input channels can accept direct connection to inductive sensors
- Internal scale and offset to provide SI units from sensors
- Modes for automatic calculation of RPM or wheel speed
- BNC connection for signal input
Racelogic's Frequency Input Module (RLVBFIM03) is a 4-channel frequency capture and pulse counter unit which enables frequency based signals in the range of 1 Hz to 20 kHz to be recorded or logged by a VBOX.
The input circuit for each channel can accept a wide signal amplitude range from TTL output sensors up to the higher voltages created by inductive sensors.
This means that direct connection to ABS wheel speed sensors, RPM sensors or fuel flow sensors is possible.
A dedicated fuel flow mode makes the monitoring of fuel consumption and flow rate very easy to set up and use. The RLVBFIM03 can be configured through software to process the input frequency or pulse data to provide logged data in real units.
The Frequency Interface is ideal for applications such as ABS brake stops, Tyre traction testing, Aquaplane testing, Fuel flow/consumption testing, General vehicle evaluation and Engine monitoring (RPM).
Data output to a VBOX
- Frequency (Hz)
- Wheel speed (km/h or mph)
- Engine / Wheel RPM
- Pulse count
- Fuel Used (Lt or Gal)
- Fuel Flow rate (Lt/Hr or Gal/Hr)
- Fuel Consumption (Lt/100km or MPG)
- User defined scale and offset for sensor calibration
Inputs / Outputs
- Input voltage (max range): -50 volts to +50 volts
- Minimum signal amplitude: Approx. 1 V pk-pk
- Input frequency range: 1 Hz to 20 Khz
- Timer: 24 Bit
- Timer resolution: 67 ns
- Max pulse count before reset: 1 000 000
- Signal input connection: 4 x BNC Connector
- VBOX connection: 2 x Lemo socket for connection to VBOX CAN Bus
- Dimensions: 32 (h) x 128 (w) x 120 (l) mm
- Operating voltage: +12 V DC